Charter of the Vereinigung Stuttgarter Studentenwohnheime e.V.
Original charter of 14.10.1968.
Charter adopted by the members on 17.09.2014.
§ 1 Name, registered office and legal structure of the association
1. The association has the name “Vereinigung Stuttgarter Studentenwohnheime e.V.”.
2. Its registered office is in Stuttgart and is to be entered in the register of associations (amendment to the charter).
§ 2 Purpose and tasks of the association
1. The purpose of the association is to provide financial and non-material support to students, particularly from the University of Stuttgart, through the construction of student residences that are made available to the students. This can be further realised through the direct support or the support of other organisations active in this area. In addition, the association may also directly pass on donations to the University of Stuttgart and the Stuttgart Student Union – public agency -for the realisation of the above objectives of the association. The same also applies to promoting the objectives of the University of Stuttgart.
2. The association shall solely and directly pursue non-profit activities in accordance with the provisions of “Tax-privileged purposes” of the German Fiscal Code. Its funds shall only be used for the purposes it pursues.
3. The association is non-profit-making, it does not pursue objectives serving its own economic interests.
§ 3 Membership
Members of the association may include natural persons and legal entities who support the objectives of the association. The Executive Board shall decide on the admission of members.
§ 4 Termination of membership
The membership terminates:
1. upon the death of the member or dissolution of the legal entity,
2. with a written letter of resignation by observing a period of notice of 3 months to the end of the financial year,
3. by exclusion which the Executive Board may decide for cause. The excluded person or entity is entitled to file an appeal within one month of receipt of the notification, the decision of which is made at the next general meeting.
§ 5 Raising of funds
1. The funds for the association’s tasks are raised from
a) donations and foundations,
b) public funds of the state of Baden-Württemberg and the government,
c) other income.
2. The funds of the association may only be used for the purpose of the association stipulated in the charter. The members do not receive any allowances or gifts from the association’s funds.
3. No individual may benefit from expenses that are not related to the purpose of the association, or through inappropriately high allowances.
§6 Bodies of the association
The bodies of the association are:
1. the Executive Board
2. the General Meeting
§ 7 The Executive Board
1. The Executive Board is made up of three individuals, namely the chairperson, the deputy chairperson and another member who is elected at the general meeting.
2. The term is for 3 years. The chairperson remains in office until the new election.
3. The Executive Board is responsible for managing the association’s business activities. It may authorise individual board members to execute certain types of business. It may also appoint a managing director for carrying out daily operations.
4. The presiding chairperson of the Executive Board represents the association judicially and extrajudicially.
5. The Executive Board may receive an appropriate remuneration for all activities for the association. The remuneration levels shall be decided at a general meeting.
§ 8 The general meeting
1. The general meeting is convened by the Executive Board in writing
a) for passing a resolution on changes to the charter or about the dissolution of the association; a 2/3 majority of the attending members of the association is required,
b) to elect members to the Executive Board,
c) to decide on an appeal from an excluded member.
2. The Executive Board shall take minutes of decisions of the general meeting. The minutes shall be signed by the chairperson.
§ 9 Final provision
Upon dissolution of the association or discontinuation of its tax-privileged purposes, the assets of the association shall revert to the University of Stuttgart as a corporation under public law, who shall use the assets solely and directly for purposes of public benefit, charitable purposes or ecclesiastical purposes.